The Mission of Education Ministry is to unite the home, the school, and the church in their endeavor to provide a nurturing and caring environment for the children of All Nations in a way that promotes Spiritual Growth, Intellectual Exploration, Personal Growth, Physical Fitness, and Social Responsibility.
This mission is in tandem with the worldwide church as spelled in the Adventist Church Manual.
The goals of the tutoring program include the following:
- Spiritually nurture of the children of All Nations in tune with Church Mission and objectives and to prepare them for the second coming of Christ.
- To mentor, empower, inspire and prepare every child that participates in the program with a view to ensuring that the child graduates from high school with excellent academic record that qualifies for admission with an academic scholarship at a college of one’s choice.
- Develop the ABC Mentoring & Leadership Program as a vehicle for bridging the scholastic and achievement gap between the children of All Nations and children of other backgrounds.
- To educate parents in cooperation with the church in their work of fostering the development of the whole child - “the harmonious development of the physical, the mental, and the spiritual power.” – Education., p. 13”, in a way that will lead them to become effective Citizens, Leaders, and Witnesses for Christ.
- To promote cooperation between parents and teachers in the education process.
- To create a culture that promotes positive, high expectation for each student, with the understanding that MEDIOCRITY IS NOT AN OPTION, ONLY EXCELLENCE WILL DO.
- 4. Sponsor weekly educational and tutorial programs for Pre-K through High School Students during each academic school year to help with home works, preparation for Pre-SAT, SAT, and ACT test for high school students, with a view to ensuring that every child graduates from high school with excellent academic record that qualifies for admission at a college of one’s choice.
- The Ministry views college as one step on a student’s journey to grow into productive responsible leader in the community.
- To provide an opportunity for parents and tutors to develop a positive relationship in their work for the children.
- Sponsor organized physical, social, and sports related activities for those students participating in the tutoring program
- To strengthen the relationship between home and school by promoting activities such as:
- Encouraging frequent communication between home and school
- Encouraging parents to visit their children’s schools.
- Providing volunteer services as requested by the Tutoring Program.
- Organize educational tours of selected Universities and Colleges each year for high school students to increase greater understanding of Universities section and admissions process.
- To provide mentoring opportunities with established businesses and industry trade groups and offer educational & enrichment activities such as group outings, workshops, trainings and other ongoing opportunities to improve students’ knowledge and skills.
- To align the youth of All Nations with the Federal “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative announced by President Obama on Thursday, February 27, 2014 and other similar programs through the ABC Mentoring & Leadership Program in partnership with Alpha International , Metro Seventh-day Adventist Churches and other organizations of like mind.
The tutoring program is for students in Pre-K to 12th grade. The focus is to prepare the participants for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) readiness as well English Language Arts (ELA) competency. The All Nations Mentoring & Tutoring Program offers the following:
- Science , Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Preparation Tutoring
- Science: Biology, Chemistry and Physics Tutoring.
- Technology: Computer Science – Programming and assembly
- Engineering: Real- life engineering applications in partnership with local engineering firms such as Lockheed Martin Space and Aeronautics in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus and Calculus tutoring
- Reading, English Language Arts (ELA) and Foreign Languages
- English Language Arts – Reading, Writing
- Accelerated Reading Program (ARP)
- Foreign Languages: Spanish
- College Readiness Program
- College Acceptance Testing Preparation – SAT / ACT
- College Planning
- Scholarship Applications
- Paying for College seminars
- Career & Leadership Training
- Leadership Colloquium – A series of topical seminars geared towards mentorship and leadership
- Field Trips and extra-curricular activities
The Tutoring Program meets every Sunday from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM and the Fee is $40 per child per month.